The suitable combination of colour effects and a specific colour temperature in one coating poses a particular challenge. We offer a tenable concept to satisfy high decorative and design demands.
Both individual decorative effects as well as special colour temperatures can be realised for coatings that are abrasion-proof and have a high temperature resistance. Absorption and interference layers realise almost any chromaticity coordinate.
- Brilliant colour layers / decorative effects / high-gloss colour values
- Adjustment of the colour temperature
- Abrasion-proof coatings that are resistant to high temperatures
- Almost any transmission / reflection spectrum possible
Aggressive environmental influences and persistent dirt lead to permanent optical and functional impairments on sensitive substrates. This consequently leads to time-consuming and costly cleaning work.
Our hydrophobic coatings counteract these negative effects and create a permanent repellent and non-stick effect against aqueous and organic fluids. This makes it much harder for dirt particles to stick to the surface of the substrate. These substances are easier to wash off when the coated surface comes into contact with water. Cleaning work is reduced and surfaces are lastingly protected against aggressive environmental influences.
- Easy-to-clean effect (permanent repellent and non-stick effect)
- Anti-fingerprint for microstructured substrates
- Minimisation of costly and time-consuming cleaning work
Water droplets and water vapour condensation on smooth surfaces can lead to optical interference and impede the transparency or reflection. Evaporation causes annoying spotting that may also affect the optics and can entail increased cleaning work.
Our clear, transparent hydrophilic functional layer achieves an improved wetting behaviour of the surface so that fine precipitating water droplets spread to form a cohesive thin film. This creates an anti-fog effect and prevents optical interference. The thin film of water also facilitates evaporation and makes for a cooling effect (greater energy-saving potential).
- Improved transparency and no optical interference
- Cooling effect
The growth of bacteria and microorganisms on surfaces and their transmission to humans is a big risk in fields with special hygiene requirements. In this connection, even professional cleaning of the used materials is often not sufficient to effectively reduce the risk of infection.
Thanks to our antimicrobial solutions, surfaces are provided with a transparent, chemicals-resistant and abrasion-proof layer system with a lasting, antimicrobial effect. This permanently prevents the formation of new bacteria and stems the continued growth of existing bacteria.
- Minimisation of the infection risk and antimicrobial effect
- Prevents the formation of new and growth of existing bacteria
Unwanted chemical interactions take place on substrates through use or environmental influences. Substances can leach out of the substrate and jeopardise both the stability and resistance of the active agents.
The permeation of gases and liquids in or through solids can also have a significant effect on their properties. Corrosion or other effects, for example, can lead to a considerable deterioration of the aesthetics, transparency and functionality. The application of a high-density, accurate functional barrier layer can counteract these negative processes and guarantee effective protection. The blocking effect suppresses the unwanted chemical interaction, thus improving the chemical resistance. Ingredients can be stored for longer periods and an adsorption of the active agents on the surfaces of the substrate is reduced. This effectively prevents substances from penetrating the surface into and out of the substrate.
- Barrier to protect against unwanted chemical interactions
- Effective protection against the leaching of components from the substrate
- Improved chemical resistance and stability of the substrate
- Reduced adsorption of substances on the surface and longer storage periods possible
- Protection against surface clouding and loss of transparency
- Protection of components and their functionality against chemical influences
- Protection of aromas
External influences and mechanical loads may have a negative effect on sensitive surfaces of substrates and destroy the surface structure. Scratches and cracks are detrimental to the aesthetics and functionality of a product and lower its value.
The anti-scratch coating counteracts these problems and produces a surface with a higher scratch-resistance than the substrate itself. The nanoparticles are bound into a network and form a permanent glass-like protective layer. This provides effective protection for plastics and soft metals.
- Lasting protection for the product’s aesthetics and functionality
- Transparent protective layer increases surface hardness and greatly reduces friction